Saturday, August 4, 2007

Do-Over!!

I made this card last night, and woke up this morning to find that it needed a Do-Over. So off came the main image, and now it's "fixed" LOL. My intent was to make a clean, simple card with no distressing. I guess it's just a testiment to how things evolve as you work.

I started by stamping the sentiment from the All Holidays set in Groovy Guava Ink on Blush Blossom CS. Using my beloved Stamp-a-majig, I stamped the sentiment again a little off the original to do a shadow image in Chocolate Chip ink. I decided to use one of the Dare to Get Dirty challenges, which was called Vintage Values. I sponged Groovy Guava, Close to Cocoa, & Chocolate Chip out towards the edges of the image, and distressed the edge with my scissors. I matted that on Blush Blossom and Chocolate Chip, and distressed the Chocolate Chip edges a bit, then popped it up with Pop Dots.

My Soft Sky card base is 5.25 x 5.25, and I sponged it with Close to Cocoa & Chocolate Chip as well. Using my Mat Pack & Paper piercer, I pierced 2 rows along the bottom edge. Then I sponged and pierced the top & bottom of the Tres Jolie designer paper, tied a bow with this yummy May Arts ribbon, & heated it a bit with my heat tool to make it curl. At the last minute I thought the little "thank you" in the corner added a cool touch.

We're off to swim and relax today...hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Stamps: All Holidays
Paper: Soft Sky, Blush Blossom, Chocolate Chip, Tres Jolie DP
Ink: Groovy Guava, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, May Arts Ribbon, Heat Tool, SAMJ, Pop Dots

4 comments:

Amy said...

this is beautiful!!!

AJ said...

love it!! Fabulous colors, and that sentiment is the best!!

Holly Jordan said...

Very elegant Shannan! Love the shadow effect on the sentiment.

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!