Sunday, May 6, 2007

Project Destroy Craft Room


So let me preface this by saying that I am covered in ink and my once clean craft room looks like it got hit by my 4 year old. I was stamping some Wish RAK images tonight and decided to try something new. So I watercolored! Be gentle.
This is another tribute to the fallen set, Best of Cluck, which is on the Stampin Up retiring list. I just got this set, have wanted it forever, and now it's going away!! (sob)
Now, keep in mind that I do not have the necessary tools to watercolor, but I found a little brush in my son's desk, got out my squirt bottle, and went to work! I used my So Saffron and Chocolate Chip reinkers, and a tiny bit of Really Rust from the inkpad lid. I distressed, sponged, pierced, and did some faux stitching with my Chocolate Chip Stampin Write marker, and then overstamped my Linen BG lightly over the main panel. I still have a hard time using my Hodgepodge Hardware, but I stuck some on there and tied on some fibers, and away I went! Whaddya think?
Stamps: Weathered BG, Best of Cluck, Linen BG
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Palette Hybrid Noir, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Really Rust
Cardstock: So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Watercolor Paper
Accessories: Hodgepodge Hardware, Fibers, Tim Holtz Distressing Tool, Paper Piercer, Pop Dots

6 comments:

Cindy Lou Who said...

This is awesome (for a chick that had to steal her sons supplies *snort*) You have mail on the way sistah!

Lesly said...

This is card is worth everything it took! It's great! Have a great day! Lesly

Colleen Schaan said...

I totally don't believe this was your first attempt...it ROCKS!!! You did an awesome job on the card...I love it.

kathy said...

The cards are so cute. I think I messed up on my wishes for the wish rak I guess I will have to read into it

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Looks fabulous! You look like an old pro at this watercolor thing. Maybe you should steal your son's supplies more often! LOL :)

Kendra Hernandez said...

what a great card shannan!! and I totally know what you mean about a disaster in the stamp room - I have one going on right now!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!