Tuesday, May 8, 2007

3 Cards

Happy Wednesday! As promised I did some stamping tonight using Julee's sketch for her contest found here. I really love this sketch and have a feeling I will be using it as one of my good old trusty favorites. Although I really only like 1 and 1/2 of these cards (one I really like, one is ok, and one, not so much) I'll show them all to you.

This one is the one I like. I haven't used my Basic Grey Scarlett's Letter paper yet, so I broke it out, and I got this flower (part of the Autumn Leaves Second Nature set) for my doorprize at the SCS Arlington Stamp Day last weekend from Sandy. I love it! I stamped the flower in Choc Chip Craft Ink and embossed it with Clear Detail EP. Then I colored it with my Prismacolors and Odorless Mineral Spirits. Sponged around the edges, matted on a Giga Scalloped Oval, and popped up for emphasis.
  • Stamps: Autumn Leaves Second Nature, Linen
  • Ink: Chocolate Chip Craft, Choc Chip Classic
  • Cardstock: Real Red, Choc Chip, Old Olive, Whisper White, Basic Grey Scarlett's Letter
  • Accessories: Pop Dots, Ribbon, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Mega Circle Punch, Giga Scalloped Punch



The next card is OK...one of my first with absolutely NO STAMPING. I got my inspiration from the ribbon, which was sent to me in a package from my Big Sis in the SU Demo Secret Sister group. I finally splurged on some big Primas last weekend at Recollections while shopping with the girls from the shoebox swap. It was soooo hard to use them! But I did it, and I'm still alive. BTW...those brads really looked like they matched the celery CS in my stamp room...they're not really neon IRL, I promise.
  • Cardstock: Regal Rose, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Basic Black
  • Accessories: Primas, Making Memories Brads, Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls Embossing Folder, Sweet Shop Ribbon Originals



So this is my "not so favorite" card. I don't know why I don't love it, I just don't. I got an order today from Stampin Up, and in the box was the Cool Caribbean and Blush Blossom Cardstock I ordered. They looked so pretty together I thought I'd make a card with them. Not lovin it now...

  • Stamps: Petals Jumbo Wheel, Polka Dots & Petals, A Muse Sentiment
  • Ink: Cool Caribbean, Pretty In Pink, Close to Cocoa, Choc Chip Craft
  • Cardstock: Cool Caribbean, Blush Blossom, Close to Coca, So Saffron, Shimmer White
  • Accessories: Ribbon (SU and May Arts), Primas, Brads, Pop Dots, Irridescent Ice EP, Mega Circle Punch, Giga Scalloped Punch, Distressor Tool, Stampamajig

3 comments:

Kendra Hernandez said...

they are all marvelous shan! Great job! *muah*

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

I think you're too hard on yourself, girl. I like them all, but I really like the bottom one. Those flowers seem to pop off the page. I rarely use blush blossom - might have to pull it out and give it the cool caribbean makeover. :) Thanks for entering my contest!

Soguesswhat11 said...

this is beautiful!!! I love this card!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!