Friday, June 1, 2007

It will Never Be Noticed on a Galloping Horse

This is something my Great Grandmother always used to say (among other nuggets of wisdom) and it's meant to be used when something is not quite perfect but you don't want to work to fix it.
I made this card today for Beate's sketch challenge, which I glanced at and ran off to stamp, without paying much attention to the layout. I really didn't do it right, and at the end I realized I needed to add the 3 embellishments on the left side. So I cut the prongs off some brads and glued them on with Diamond Glaze (aka Crystal Effects). Thus "It'll never be noticed on a galloping horse!" LOL
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Green Thumb, A Muse Treasure Friendship
Ink: Pretty In Pink, Certainly Celery, Close to Cocoa, Palette Hybrid Noir
Cardstock: Whisper White, Close to Cocoa, Certainly Celery, Basic Grey Lilykate
Accessories: Foam Mounting Tape, Pop Dots, Giga Scalloped Circle, Mega Circle, SU & May Arts Ribbon, Making Memories Brads, Cuttlebug Textile Folder

10 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is just beautiful. Love the papertrey flowers and the colors, and the wingless brads. I made a couple cards with Beate's sketch, but they are still living in my camera. Hopefully I'll get them out sometime this weekend. :)

Melissa said...

I think you did an awesome job! I never would have known that the two other brads were added later!

Beth Thomas said...

Love the card! Love the quote!

Anonymous said...

Shannan, Love your grandma's saying. Your card looks great!!! Thanks so much for participating in the challenge.

Libby Hickson said...

I think this is just gorgeous! I'd notice it from a galloping horse! :-) (cute saying!)

Anonymous said...

Super pretty! Great job!

Rose Ann said...

This is so gorgeous! I love all the details & the sentiment.

Unknown said...

This is really beautiful! Love your ribbons and the debossed background!

Sharon Harnist said...

Gorgeous card, Shannan -- glad to see you are blogging!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeously soft and feminine.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!